Sep 1, 2009

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

"Despite my feelings for Jane, I sometimes think we're an unlikely pair to have spent a life together. We're different in almost every way, and though opposites can and do attract, I've always felt that I made the better choice on our wedding day. Jane is, after all, the kind of person I always wished to be. While I tend toward stoicism and logic, Jane is outgoing and kind, with a natural empathy that endears her to others. She laughs easily and has a wide circle of friends. Over the years, I've come to realize that most of my friends are, in fact, the husbands of my wife's friends, but I believe this is common for most married couples our age. Yet I'm fortunate in that Jane has always seemed to choose our friends with me in mind, and I'm appreciative that there's always someone for me to visit with at a dinner party. Had she not come into my life, I sometimes think that I would have led the life of a monk.
There's more, too: I'm charmed by the fact that Jane has always displayed her emotions with childlike ease. When she's sad she cries; when she's happy she laughs; and she enjoys nothing more than to be surprised with a wonderful gesture. In those moments, there's an ageless innocence about her, and though a surprise by definition is unexpected, for Jane, the memories of a surprise can arouse the same excited feelings for years afterward. Sometimes when she's daydreaming, I'll ask her what she's thinking about and she'll suddenly begin speaking in giddy tones about something I've long forgotten. This, I must say, has never ceased to amaze me.

Why Nicholas Sparks? I've never read a book from him, but I've seen movies with his books. And I love them! I may have seen the movies, but the book says more...


PD Aug 2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I am Marcy, I write mostly or composing wedding related articles in a reputable Wedding online website.I have a proposal for you, if its ok for you I want to exchange an article with you that is wedding related. Aside from that If you want we can exchange link, so during the time that I will post your article on my site a particular keyword will be link into your site, and vice versa.

The purpose of this article and link exchange is to get visitor in your site and in my site. This is very helpful for both of us since there are some visitors in my site that is not familiar with your site.
In this case my site visitor will have a bigger chance to visit your site and your site visitors will also have the chance to visit my site.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, I'll be waiting for your response.

You can choose (2) blog/s where you want your article to be posted:

http://www.bestwedding-favors.com
http://www.guestweddingfavors.com
http://www.weddingmallstore.com
http://www.1weddingsource.blogspot.com