I could say that if there was one thing depressing in life, it is living in fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of what-ifs, negative thoughts.
I chose to read this book to somehow enlighten my mind of near negative thoughts of hypochondria, anxiety and death. I hope to grasp new meaning to courage and hope.
Fearless did even more.
It renewed my belief in God's power, mercy and grace. If I am a person of faith, this book strengthened it more - not because it promises to cure fear, but it presents God's words and wisdom beautifully (which we sometimes seek and doubt).
The anecdotes in the book, recalling the Bible and God's words increases this sense of contentment - of not being alone, of knowing someone understands and that whatever come, will pass.
Truly, Fearless is a pep talk. It is a Christ-like encouragement - 'Don't be afraid'.
As Max Lucado noted:
Amen, Max. Amen.
I chose to read this book to somehow enlighten my mind of near negative thoughts of hypochondria, anxiety and death. I hope to grasp new meaning to courage and hope.
Fearless did even more.
It renewed my belief in God's power, mercy and grace. If I am a person of faith, this book strengthened it more - not because it promises to cure fear, but it presents God's words and wisdom beautifully (which we sometimes seek and doubt).
The anecdotes in the book, recalling the Bible and God's words increases this sense of contentment - of not being alone, of knowing someone understands and that whatever come, will pass.
Truly, Fearless is a pep talk. It is a Christ-like encouragement - 'Don't be afraid'.
As Max Lucado noted:
We will incline our ears elsewhere: upward. We will turn to our Maker, and because we do, we will fear less.As we trust God, we fear less.
Courage does not panic; it prays. Courage does not bemoan; it believes. Courage does not languish; it listens. It listens to the voice of God calling through the Scripture, "Fear not!" It hears Christ's voice comforting...
Amen, Max. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment