Jan 1 - Dec. 31
The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. The rules are very simple:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. **
- Participants may join at any time.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2010.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section.
- I'll be adding a post with Mr. Linky for participants to post book reviews. ***
Here's my 52
- Fearless (by Max Lucado)
- The UltraMind Solution (by Mark Hyman)
- Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...and It's Small Stuff (by Richard Carlson)
- Her Fearful Symmetry (by Audrey Niffeneger)
- The Winter Rose (by Jennifer Donnelly)
- Still Alice (by Lisa Genova)
- The Blackmail Marriage (by Penny Jordan)
- Iron Cowboy (by Diana Palmer)
- Everyone Is Beautiful (by Katherine Center)
- Secrets of Self-Healing (by Maoshing Ni)
- Playing with Fire, Tales of an Extraordinary Girl Series #1 (by Gena Showalter)
- Evermore, Immortal Series #1 (by Alyson Noel)
- Plain Jane's Secret Life (by Cathy Gillen Thacker)
- The Sheik's Chosen Queen (by Jane Porter)
- If I Stay (by Gayle Forman)
- Kite Runner (by Khaled Hosseini)
- The Thing About Jane Spring (by Sharon Krum)
- Spellbinder (by Helen Stringer)
- I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You (by Ally Carter)
- City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1) by Cassandra Clare
- The Accidental Mistress (by Tracy Anne Warren)
- Greek Boss, Dream Proposal (by Barbara MacMahon)
- The Winter Man: Silent Night Man/Sutton's Way (by Diana Palmer)
- A Northern Light (by Jennifer Donnelly)
- The Kyriakos Virgin Bride (Silhouette Desire #1822) (by Tessa Radley)
- Marked (House of Night Series #1) by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
- The Pretender (Liar's Club Series #1) by Celeste Bradley
- Violets Are Blue by James Patterson
- The Barons of Texas: Jill by Fayrene Preston
- Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl Series #2) by Gena Showalter
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
- City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series #2) by Cassandra Clare
- City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3) by Cassandra Clare
- A Reason for Marriage by Penny Jordan
- Texas Millionaire by Dixie Browning
- Guilty Pleasures by Cathy Yardley
- If He Only Knew by Debbie Rawlins
- Hired: Cinderella Chef by Myrna Mackenzie
- She Did a Bad, Bad Thing (Harlequin Blaze #338) by Stephanie Bond
- One Night with the Tycoon by Lee Wilkinson
- Sleeping With Her Rival (Silhouette Desire #1496) by Sheri Whitefeather
- If You Don't Know By Now (Silhouette Romance #1560) by Teresa Southwick
- To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Power Play by Deirdre Martin
- Tithe (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #1) by Holly Black
- With a Twist by Deirdre Martin
- Call Me Wicked (Harlequin Blaze #328) by Jamie Sobrato
- One Night Standards (Harlequin Blaze #332) by Cathy Yardley
- Fortune's Vengeful Groom (Silhouette Desire #1783) by Charlene Sands
- Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1) by Richelle Mead
- Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey
~ WRAP-UP ~
Did you reach the goal of 52 books?: Yes I did! I was really surprised to see my list go up! I still can't believe I have outdone myself.
What was the last book you read?: Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey
Did you read from a list and fly by the seat of your pants choosing a different book each week?: I'm so lousy with list and trying to follow a format. I've been randomly selecting from my TBR and what I 'feel' I want to read. Just looking at a list of TBR made it so boring for me that I have to steel myself and read, to my gladness. (I was a lazy reader).
Did you learn something new about yourself, an author, an topic?: I learned that I can learn to read through several genres without putting it down, I learned to finish a book I've started even if it's not what I'm most likely to read, I've develop a sense of variety in my author choices as I've learned to read other authors as well and I'm still trying to push myself to read certain topics that I would normally not pick.
How many classics did you read?: Classics? Are you kidding me? I have no classics genre in the list even though I have it in another list. I am quite interested in reading those classics as Jane Austen, I have books from Shakespeare but it's dusting away. Got to read those in time.
Did you discover a new author or genre? Did you love them or hate them? I was able to discover two new authors that made me laugh and cry (as in their first novels); and discovered series that I have finished and looking forward to further installments, some that I would rather not read again and those I would love to reread. SO many great authors out there!
Name your top ten favorite reads: In random order - Still Alice, Everyone Is Beautiful, Secrets of Self-Healing, City of Bones, Vampire Academy, Marked, The Winter Rose, Iron Cowboy, Twice As Hot, Spellbinder.
Name your bottom ten least favorite reads: Tithe, The UltraMind Solution, If I'd Stay, I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I Have To Kill You, Power Play.
Name a book you expected to like but didn't: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I Have To Kill You (I guess this is too high school for me).
Name a book you expected to not like but did: The Winter Rose. I'm not really a historical buff, but this one is so good I ended up smiling and laughing and crying. It's kind of thick but it's worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment