Jun 14, 2010

Undead and Unwed (Betsy Taylor Series #1) by MaryJanice Davidson

"The day I died started out bad and got worse in a hurry. I hit my snooze alarm a few too many times and was late for work. Who wouldn't hit the snooze to get another nine minutes of sleep? No one, that's who. Subsequently, I almost always oversleep. Stupid snooze button. I didn't have time for breakfast. Instead, I gobbled a pair of chocolate Pop Tarts while waiting for the bus. Mmmm...chocolate. My mom would have approved (who do you think got me hooked on the darned things?), but a nutritionist would have smacked me upside the head with her calorie counter. 

The bus was, of course, late. You gotta love the Minnesota Transit system. Six buses for a population area of a quarter million. When they weren't late, they were early -- I'd lost count of the number of times I'd stepped outside only to see my bus disappearing over the horizon. When the bus finally did lumber into sight, I climbed on and sat down...in gum."

No comments: