Almost Heaven by Judith McNaughtMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I still can’t get it out of my mind, I find myself reading it again!
Now that I think about it, I just adore Judith McNaught's novels. I love the plots, the romance, and the way she weaves a Cinderella story with twists and turns. I especially enjoy being able to see what’s going on in the guy’s mind, the combination of romance and drama is simply irresistible.
There are moments that are so heartbreaking, I can’t help but cry. And the reunion scenes? I love them.
With Almost Heaven, the plot is impeccable. There are no loopholes, and it doesn’t leave you questioning or wanting more. The epilogue is perfect. I love how “Heaven” is described as whatever a person most desires, a place or moment that fulfills your heart completely.
It’s almost heaven to see your family happy and smiling because you’re all together. It’s almost heaven to finally enjoy that ice cream you’ve been craving. It’s almost heaven to lounge and relax in peace.
Recommended Reads:
Until You, Whitney, My Love, Double Standards.
P.S.
There are three dukes featured across her stories, each with their own tale to tell: the Duke of Hawthorne with Alex, the Duke of Westmoreland, and in Almost Heaven, the Marquess of Kensington (who becomes the Duke of Stanhope). I’ve read all their stories, though I’ve forgotten the titles of the two about the dukes. I need to get my hands on them again - soon!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment