Day of the Night Crawlers by Troy CummingsMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received an advanced copy of this book from Scholastic through NetGalley. I chose it because my son loves this kind of stuff - he's very visual and enjoys drawing. Honestly, I enjoy it too!
Son’s Thoughts: He loved the book! He found it funny, enjoyed the weird monster names, and called it "so cool" with a big smile on his face. I can already tell I'll be dragged to the bookstore soon to look for more like this.
My Thoughts: While the unfinished pages left some gaps, I found it intriguingly weird - like how a hospital was turned into an elementary school and a morgue into a classroom. And those wriggling worms coming out? Very unusual! Unless there’s an earthquake in the story causing them to emerge (not sure if I’m spoiling anything here).
The sketches are chaotically fun, and judging by my son’s reaction, this is a truly entertaining read. I can’t wait for the publication date to see the fully finished artwork. The story is a total hit for uber-imaginative kids who love battling monsters with an oath!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment